Friday, January 18, 2013

Pictures

Most days are extremely smoggy.. though the locals call it fog. Yesterday we had a clear day so i wanted to shard a few pictures of our surroundings. (which i just saw for the first time too)

 This is a picture of the gomba (the buddhist temple) which is the building next door. The two buildings are related, so we constantly share our space with monks. Pretty sweet.
This is a shot from the top of the gomba next door looking out over chapagaon and beyond

This is a picture from our home/clinic looking out towards the mountains. To get a taste of the layout.

Around our village i see a few of the nepali eagle. A truly beautiful sight in the sky with a large wingspan and a cool black and white color pattern. On saturday, visiting Swayambhu ('monkey temple') there were HUNDREDS of eagles in the sky! 

Little monkey family hanging out on the bench

Entrance to swayambhu, also known as monkey temple... or  just, tourist trap since thats what it was    (i don't recommend it really)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Emma. How difficult it must be to see so many people in need without them having the proper medical attention provided. At least acupuncture helps with a vast variety of ailments. Is there a way I can send $5 to buy the insert? I would love to donate money to help in any way I can. Yet, I understand that every client you see probably needs some kind of medical assistance with no access to money...perhaps I can start a donation website of sorts? I wouldn't know the first thing about how to do that, but I can figure it out (-: I admire your courage for helping with so many in need in a foreign land. You are inspiration for me to do the same! Take care of you....

    ReplyDelete